- Head of the concerned Department/Director of the School – Chairman,
- One teacher of the Department/School, having a Ph.D. degree and research publications to his/her credit, nominated by the Vice- Chancellor – Member,
- Supervisor(s) concerned – Member(s),
- Two subject experts, of whom one shall be from outside the Department /school and one shall be from outside the university, nominated by the Vice Chancellor for a period of three to five years – Members
- Secretary, Faculty Council concerned – Convener
The Ph.D. Research Committee will review the title and scheme of work and conduct pre-submission presentation of the candidate and forward its report to the Doctorate Committee.