Amongst the best MBA colleges in Kolkata, the parent institute IEM has been rated by AIMA as the best management institute in Kolkata. Also, it is the Best college in Kolkata as per as placement is concerned. UEM, is carrying the legacy and with its National awards of excellence from National Education Excellence Awards and Asia Education Summit, no doubt UEM is being rated now as the best college in Kolkata and the also the best amongst the MBA colleges in Kolkata. The management school under UEM, Kolkata can be counted among the best management colleges in Kolkata. Currently, the department is running MBA and Ph.D. programs under the faculty of management studies.
Objectives of the Department
- Offer academic and research programs in management and allied disciplines.
- Offer continuing programmes at different levels in the field of management.
- Provide an opportunity to students to acquire skills for improving employability and entrepreneurial abilities.
- Engage in collaborative academic and research activities with domestic and international partners.
- Learn about different types of business organizations the difficulties involved in running the business. The aspects of law, finance, taxation, marketing, risk, evaluation etc.
- Improve the decision-making skills and administrative competence of the budding executives.
MBA offers a wide range of options in terms of career opportunities, as management graduates are required in all business ventures ranging from multinational organizations to start up ventures. UEM, Kolkata offers MBA courses and the management school under UEM, Kolkata can be counted amongst the top colleges in Kolkata, and amongst the top MBA colleges in Kolkata.
The Department of Business Administration, University of Engineering & Management believes in three-level agenda, first, making a conducive classroom environment, second, dissemination of knowledge and third, the application of knowledge. Apart from regular classroom training, here we offer the management education through innovative pedagogy like business case study sessions, summer, and winter internship programs, research, and value-added programs including industry speaks. We are proud of our pool of faculty members, who are the real torch-bearers of our Department. We believe that management education is incomplete only through textbook teaching. The innovative teaching methodologies adopted by the faculty members offer the students an in-depth knowledge of modern management. It enables them to utilize advanced concepts of management and prepare for key decision-making. We have set up a separate cell for industry-academia interface to make the pedagogy more industry-centric.
From the very inception, this Department has been putting a strong emphasis on the application of management knowledge by organizing business case study competitions, sending students to different management events and organizing management games. The Department has endeavored to project its faculty members as mentors who develop students and stimulate their growth beyond the classroom boundaries. Student’s counseling sessions practiced by the Professors is a part of this mentoring process. We offer special grooming sessions for the job aspirants and for the higher studies. We organize campus placements for the interested students.
IEM-UEM group is ranked as one of the top 50 B- Schools in India in the AIMA journal, New Delhi in Category A. It has also hit the headlines by achieving the 3rd rank among World Bank’s TEQIP funded colleges.
- Achieved ‘National B-School Awards, 2011 by Star Network
- Recognized as Silver A+++ Business School by ‘Just Careers Magazine’ in 2011
- Announced the Jewel of East by ‘Careergraph’, Telegraph
- Appreciation from West Bengal Government for its role in the state’s growth
Know more about the courses offered, fees for each of the course and the mode of selection, click on the button below:
Courses in Business Administration
Below is a link to the guest lectures in our campus:
Know more about what is taught in the entire curriculam in the link provided below:
Syllabus for Business Administration