A One-Day Workshop on Attributes of a True Teacher conducted for faculty Members at University of Engineering & Management (UEM), JAIPUR.
Prof. Neeraj Gupta, Professor, Department of Architecture, Central University of Rajasthan conducted a workshop on the “Attributes of a True Teacher” at Seminar Hall, University of Engineering & Management (UEM), JAIPUR on July, 07, 2023. The workshop was attended by over 50 teachers.
Prof. Gupta began the workshop by discussing the importance of being a teacher. He said that teachers are the ones who shape the minds of our future generations, and that they have a responsibility to help students learn and grow.
He then went on to discuss the qualities that make a true teacher. His deliberation included the following key points-
• Passion for teaching: A true teacher is passionate about their subject and about teaching. They love seeing students learn and grow, and they are always looking for new ways to engage their students.
• Knowledge of the subject: A true teacher has a deep knowledge of their subject. They are able to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise way, and they are always up-to-date on the latest research in their field.
• Communication skills: A true teacher is an excellent communicator. They are able to clearly explain their ideas to students, and they are able to facilitate discussions and debates.
• Empathy: A true teacher is empathetic. They are able to understand and relate to their students, and they are able to create a safe and supportive learning environment.
• Patience: A true teacher is patient. They understand that learning takes time, and they are willing to work with students at their own pace.
• Creativity: A true teacher is creative. They are always looking for new ways to engage their students and to make learning fun.
Prof. Gupta concluded the workshop by saying that being a teacher is a noble profession. He encouraged the teachers in the audience to continue to learn and grow, and to always strive to be the best teachers they can be.
The workshop was well-received by the teachers in attendance. They said that they learned a lot about the qualities of a true teacher, and that they were inspired to be better teachers. The key takeaway was that being a teacher is a challenging but rewarding profession. True teachers make a difference in the lives of their students, and they help to shape the future of our world.
The Workshop was organized by Department of English under the coordination of Prof. (Dr) Mukesh Yadav and Prof. (Dr) Snehlata Dhaka.
University of Engineering & Management, Kolkata in association with Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata, has successfully organized The 7th IEEE Annual Ubiquitous Computing, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference (IEEE UEMCON 2016) at Columbia University, New York, USA from 20th to 22nd October, 2016