Govt. of India, Department of Science & Technology (DST) sponsored Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp was held today, 26th September, 2018 at the University of Engineering & Management (UEM), Jaipur.
The speakers and key resource persons in the program were:-
– Prof. Dr. Anil Mehta, Director, Department of Business Administration, Rajasthan University
– Ms Saba Kabir, Director, Planet Profit
– Ms Hema Chawla, Director, I Create NGO
Very highly interactive session were held throughout the day.
On 14th September 2018, students of MBA, School of Management of the University of Engineering & Management (UEM), Jaipur along with Prof. Dr. Lata Rani Mutti, UEM Jaipur attended a Motivational Lecture by Dr. Tessy Thomas, also known as the Missile Woman of India.
Dr. Tessy raises the pride of the country by becoming the first women to head a missile project.
The learnings were:
1. Motivational Factor:
Tessy is one of the transformers for a male dominated society like ours. Even in today’s era, where single women finds it difficult to make a place in the male dictatorship sectors, Tessy Thomas has marked a history to have achieved such recognition and respect in the science research centers.
2. Team Buliding and Team Spirit: According to her, Positive team dynamics is one element which team building successfully harnesses. A good team dynamic will offer individuals the ability to provide solutions to various problems and will encourage each member to give and receive relevant feedback. Likewise, effective team dynamics will lead to a natural appointment of a team leader – an individual on whom other group members will turn to for advice whilst understanding that the team as a whole is accountable for all decisions and actions made.
3. Effective Communication: Dr Thomas has emphasised on effective communication. Effective communication is a key interpersonal skill and learning how we can improve our community.
Overall a great learning experience for all the students.
University of Engineering & Management (UEM), Jaipur in association with IEEE UEMJ Student Chapter is organising “Man-o-Bot” – a Hands-on Workshop on Basic Robotics, Sensors & Actuators, Hands on with Ubuntu and Web Development.
The unique thing about this workshop is that it includes both Robotics and Web Development in one program.
The workshop will be conducted over 6 days from 21st to 23rd September, 2018 and 28th to 30th September, 2018. It will include all the above mentioned domains in one workshop. Teams of maximum 5 candidates can participate in the workshop and each team will be given a Robotic kit at the end of the workshop. Registration charge is Rs. 4200/- per team.
Mr. Sujit Kumar Sarkar, former Director General of Police (West Bengal) and former Chief Information Commissioner (West Bengal) visited University of Engineering & Management, Kolkata campus yesterday and took a seminar on RTI & Human Rights for B.Tech first year students.
Mr. Anirban Maunder, one of the eminent scholar of West Bengal National University of Juridical Science, visited University of Engineering & Management, Kolkata on August 23, 2018 and took a special seminar for BBA LLB students.
Workshop on Machine Learning for CSE & ECE students of University of Engineering & Management (UEM), Kolkata by Dr. Andrew Park, as part of Foreign Visitor Lecture Series, on August 14, 16 & 17, 2018 in University of Engineering & Management, Kolkata.
University of Engineering & Management (UEM), Jaipur welcomes ISHRAE Jaipur Chapter Team for a start-up talk on “Green Building, Energy Efficiency”, by Mr. Kapil Menghrani, Founder & Director, Econaur, 10th August, 2018 at 11 am at the Auditorium, UEM Jaipur.
UEM Jaipur Wecomes ISHRAE Jaipur Chapter Team for a Start Up Talk on “Green Building Energy Efficiency” on 10th August 2018, 11 AM.
It is really a happy situation for us to see our student Aninda Sukla, 2016 B.Tech ECE passout student of the University of Engineering & Management (UEM), Jaipur, working in TCS, Research & Development Wing (Tata Consultancy Services), presenting technical talks at various reputed Universities/Institutes all throughout the country at frequent intervals.