Among hundreds of students opting for engineering in India after the 12th standard, the number of students choosing aeronautical engineering has grown consistently over the years. Are you looking to look to know more about the career path available for the students of aeronautical engineering? Let us check out a few prospects you stand to gain with the aeronautical engineering.
What are the benefits of Aeronautical engineering?
Aeronautical engineering comes with plenty of options and benefits as a career. If you ae wondering why choose aeronautical engineering, the following reasons would help you understand why.
It offers you plenty of job opportunities
Aeronautical engineering offers you the options for creating a better job security. The course provides you the best in terms of building the best military aircrafts and missiles. It is a course that lets you land yourself in a job that deals in the manufacturing of missiles, helicopters, fighter planes, and rockets. Since there are very few people opting for aeronautical engineering, there are several companies that keep looking for the graduates in Aeronautical engineering.
It is a subject with a huge prospect
Aeronautical engineering has been gaining a lot of traction these days. With aeronautical engineering as your background, you will never fall short of opportunities. Apart from the manufacturing of aircrafts, the course also has its essence felt in other areas space engineering. The opportunities available for aeronautical engineers are virtually endless.
Top careers available for aeronautical engineers
Aeronautical engineering has several job opportunities coming your way. some of the options that you would find unique can include
- Flight Mechanics engineers – The job involves examining the flight before taking off and after landing. It includes regulating air conditioning, cabin circulation, engine power, and primary electrical system.
- Aircraft design engineers – The job involves the design of the complex parts of the aircraft interiors, mechanical systems and other aspects of the system.
- Rocket engineers – You will be designing and testing different space crafts and rockets
That apart, you would also find a few other roles, including Air safety engineers, flight system test engineers, and many other allied opportunities.
Average Pay scale for aeronautical engineers
The average pay scale for the aeronautical engineers would include
- Aerodynamic engineers – Around Rs 10 lakh per annum
- Rocket engineers – Around Rs 13 lakhs per annum
- Aircraft designers – Around Rs 5 lakh per annum
- Air safety officers – Around Rs 3 lakhs per annum
- Wind tunnel engineers – Rs 3 to 20 lakhs per annum
- Astronautical engineers – Rs 8 to 10 lakhs per annum
Aeronautical engineering is a lot complicated and comes with a host of requirements from your end. It indeed requires a lot of dedication and hard work to succeed. We assume the tips and information above would have inspired you take up a career in aeronautical engineering. If it indeed impressed you, it is just a matter of time and a firm decision to opt for the right college in your vicinity. There are several best colleges and institutions that specialise in providing a high quality education in aeronautical engineering.