- A person who has obtained a Master’s degree in any discipline from any university or institution recognized by the UGC or such other degree with at least 60% marks throughout her / his academic career may be considered appropriate and adequate for the purpose by the University, will be eligible to apply for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme.
- A person who has obtained a postgraduate Diploma/Degree of two-year duration or more from any university or institution recognized by UGC with at least 60% marks throughout her / his academic career, is eligible to apply for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme provided that such a candidate has completed at least a total of five years’ of graduate and postgraduate study in a recognized university or institution.
- A person who has obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology of the University or from any other university or institutions recognized as equivalent thereto by the University with at least 60% marks throughout her / his academic career may apply for admission to the Integrated Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme.
- In the cases under a,b,c, a candidate will have to be successful in the admission test to be conducted by the office of the Controller of Examinations of the University and if qualified, will have to be successful in an interview on the subject to be conducted by the University to qualify for admission.
- Following the admission procedure, a list of qualified candidates (mentioning their area of research interest) will be published and displayed by the University through the respective Faculty Council office and University website.
- For exceptionally meritorious candidates, competent authority may relax the eligibility criteria.
Entrance Test Pattern
Admission Test (pen-paper) format (60 marks, 2 hours duration)
i. Aptitude- 50 marks
This will comprise of total 100 MCQs out of which:
a. 30 questions: Quantitative Analysis
b. 20 questions: Data Interpretation
c. 30 questions: Logical Reasoning
d. 20 questions: Verbal Ability
ii. English writing skill- 10 marks on given Contemporary Topic
There is No Negative Marking.