1. The application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme is to be made to the Registrar in the prescribed form.
2. A person who has obtained a Master’s degree in any discipline* from any university or institution recognized by the UGC or such other degree with at least 60% marks throughout her / his academic career may be considered appropriate and adequate for the purpose by the University, will be eligible to apply for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme.
3. A person who has obtained a Bachelor’s degree of minimum four year duration (i.e. minimum 10+2+4 years in school & college education in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy of the University or from any other university or institutions recognized as equivalent thereto by the university ‘with at least 60% marks throughout his/her academic career with minimum three years’ experience, will be eligible to get admission in the doctoral degree programme of the University and will be eligible to submit his / her thesis case for Ph.D. degree after minimum 5 year’s duration. For integrated Ph.D. in Engineering i.e. M.Tech + Ph.D., the minimum duration is 5 years (2 + 3) and in that case, the student will be awarded Post Graduate degree after 2 years and 3 years thereafter, he/she will be awarded doctoral degree.
4. A person who has obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy/BBA/BCA of the University or from any other university or institutions recognized as equivalent thereto by the University with at least 70% marks throughout her / his academic career may apply for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme.
5. UGC NET / GATE / GRE / GMAT qualified candidates are also eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
6. In the cases under (4.3.2),(4.3.3) & (4.3.4), a candidate will have to be successful in the admission test to be conducted by the office of the Controller of Examinations of the University and if qualified, will have to be successful in a viva-voce examination on the subject to be conducted by the Doctorate Committee to qualify for admission. The admission test procedure will be decided by the Dean of the concerned Faculty Council in consultation with the concerned Head of the Department/Director of the School, subject to the approval of the Vice Chancellor.
7. Following the admission procedure, a list of qualified candidates (mentioning their area of research interest) will be published and displayed by the University through the respective Faculty Council office.
8. A candidate shall submit a statement that s/he is not currently/ simultaneously enrolled as a student in any course of studies or registered for a doctorate degree in any other university and shall undertake not to be thus enrolled or registered so long s/he is registered for Ph.D. degree at the University.
Admission Requirements being as under :
- M.Tech. degree preceded by a B.Tech degree,
- M.Sc. degree preceded by a B.Sc. (Hons.) degree,
- M.Com degree preceded by a B.Com (Hons.) degree,
- MBA degree preceded by a BBA / B.Com. / B.Tech / B.Sc(Hons) / BA(Hons.)/BCA degree,
- MCA degree preceded by a BCA degree,
- MA degree preceded by a BA (Hons.) degree,