Dr. S. K. Chaudhuri, Ex-Director DRDO, visiting faculty, IIT Mumbai, Vikram Sarabhai awardee, PM awardee addressing faculty members at the University of Engineering & Management (UEM) to motivate them towards research.
Faculty Development Program was conducted at the IEM-UEM group.
Prof Rahul Baidya of IEM-UEM group presented on “Application of Research Grants”.
His areas of research are:-
1) Weak interactions, with specific emphasis on neutrino physics
2) Beyond the standard model, including left-right symmetric model and grand unification
3) Particle properties in material medium, commonly (and inappropriately) known as finite temperature field theory
4) Particle properties in background magnetic fields
5) Astrophysics and Cosmology related to Particle Physics
6) Linearized theory of gravity